2901-006 Vaccine Coordinator and Reporter - Physician Pracitice - Full-Time - Days-1772067
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH), a 146-bed hospital where staff is committed to patient safety and strive to provide high quality patient care. The dedicated team of professionals provide a full-range of healthcare services including a Level IV Trauma ER, a 17 bed senior behavioral health unit, and an 18 bed inpatient rehab facility. Technology also plays a key role at OVH as evidenced by its robotic partial knee resurfacing program, robotic surgical program and its TRU-D "robot" that enhances the infection control process. Additional services include outpatient imaging and laboratory, sleep centers, physical therapy, and a cardiac cath lab. Affiliated with OVH is Northwest Allied Physicians, a physician practice offering primary care and a wide range of specialists including Desert Cardiology. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Assures appropriate drug and pharmacy supply inventory for Arizona vaccine programs is maintained and insures that the regulatory reporting requirements are met. Works under the supervision and direction of the Director of Physician Operations.
1. Ensures secure storage and accurate records of Arizona vaccine programs are maintained and reported. Follows clinic policies and procedures regarding inventory, distribution, security, and record maintenance of vaccines.
2. Finalizes the inventory report for the Arizona State Immunization Information System.
3. Monitors and organizes staff and provider training on ASIIS and VFC.
4. Monitors compliance and reports discrepancies with temperature logs, calibration of temperature reading equipment, VFC books, forms and consents.
5. Monitors and controls VFC inventory. Insures expiring vaccines are re-distributed among the clinics in order to minimize penalties from the state.
6. Demonstrates proficiency with computer software and technology and takes initiative to maintain competency as it relates to stautory reporting.
7. Manages drug shortages in clincs by providing staff with up to date inventory and useage information and reallocating current supply.
8. Facilitates the ordering and receiving process for all Northwest Allied locations as determined by the Director of Physician Practice Operations with a focus on inventory management and penalty minimization.
9. Stay current on all changes to ASIIS and VFC Program.
Education: High School diploma/GED required. Required Course(s)/ Training: Medical Assistant or minimum of 5 years experience with vaccine management.
Experience: Completion of internship or 5 years demonstrated experience with vaccine management.
Skills: Answering telephones; maintaining logs and records, scheduling appointments, knowledgeable in the Arizona vaccine programs and regulations and Arizona State Immunization Information System. Travel is required.
Job Administrative Support
Primary Location AZ-Oro Valley (Tucson region)
Organization Oro Valley Hosp Allied Physicians
Working Location 6180 N Corona Rd Suite 106
Shift Day Shift
Forecasted paid hours per shift 8
Forecasted hours per pay week 40
Employee Status Full-time