The Technical Systems Support Specialist position is full-time - days - working in Information Services at Oro Valley Hospital
Summary: Responsible for supporting Hospital data networks, PC's, LAN, WAN, and the integration of information among these systems. Supports projects as assigned. May lead or supervise technical staff or manage Help desk.
1. Responsible for supporting all hospital data networks, local area networks, wide area networks, and PC based computer systems.
2. Responsible for ordering, receiving and installing hardware and software in a timely manner, as directed by the Network Manager.
3. Maintains an awareness of I/S needs of end users supported.
4. Maintains user security on the Hospital local area network, including setting up new users, removing users no longer needing access, and maintaining a database of this activity.
5. Tracks and logs resolutions to user support calls.
6. Labels, logs, and tracks all computer hardware.
7. Assists the Network Manager in determining suitability of hardware and software to best meet the end users needs.
8. Trains users as needed on the use of hardware and software.
9. Maintains a professional and courteous attitude when assisting end users and resolving support issues.
10. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops , and professional networks to keep abreast of the latest trends in the field.
11. Assist HDIS in IS projects, such as new installations and implementation. Includes, but is not limited to, organizing timelines, ordering and installing equipment and software, working with appropriate vendors and corporate support teams to complete projects in a timely manner.
12. Takes a sense of ownership regarding other related duties as assigned.
Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.