Summary: Responsible for supporting Hospital data networks, PC's, LAN, WAN, and the integration of information among these systems. Supports projects as assigned. May lead or supervise technical staff or manage Help desk.
1. Responsible for supporting all hospital data networks, local area networks, wide area networks, and PC based computer systems.
2. Responsible for ordering, receiving and installing hardware and software in a timely manner, as directed by the Network Manager.
3. Maintains an awareness of I/S needs of end users supported.
4. Maintains user security on the Hospital local area network, including setting up new users, removing users no longer needing access, and maintaining a database of this activity.
5. Tracks and logs resolutions to user support calls.
6. Labels, logs, and tracks all computer hardware.
7. Assists the Network Manager in determining suitability of hardware and software to best meet the end users needs.
8. Trains users as needed on the use of hardware and software.
9. Maintains a professional and courteous attitude when assisting end users and resolving support issues.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.