RN - Float Pool
Summary: Either directly or indirectly reporting to a nursing supervisor, plans, directs, participates in and evaluates patient care. Collaborates with other disciplines to provide optimal care.
1. Provides care, evaluates outcomes, consults with interdisciplinary team members as required and adjusts patient care as indicated to ensure optimal care. Effectively identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served. Assigns work to subordinate staff, provides direction, and reviews all work, as necessary. Completes logs and records promptly, recording all information that could be pertinent to others. Reports accurate results to achieve the best possible patient care.
2. Evaluates patient histories, assesses patients' conditions and develops individual care plans for patients assigned to the unit.
3. Ensures accurate maintenance of patients' medical records and that patient records are treated as confidential information.
4. Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patient/families in accordance with hospital standards.
5. Communicates with medical/ allied health personnel regarding patient's progress, needs and discharge planning, making referrals when needed.
6. Counsels and teaches patients and families regarding medical conditions, diagnostic procedures, surgery, and other interventions.
7. Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel.
8. Administers medications and blood in accordance with unit policy and physician orders.
9. Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and infection control policies.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice workshops and meetings. Demonstrates active involvement in P.I. Teams.
Education: Associate's Degree in Nursing or Diploma Program required. BSN preferred.
Experience: Sufficient previous clinical experience in area of expertise.
Skills: Ability to read, communicate, and document effectively through oral, written, or electronic means. Previous computer experience and excellent customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and respond promptly to a changing workload.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: Current AZ RN license or compact state RN license and BLS certification.
ACLS for: Cath Lab, ED, GI, ICU, Nursing Admin (Float Pool), PACU, PAT, Radiology, Telemetry, Urgent Care
PALS or ENPC for: ED
PALS for: Med/Surg, PACU & UC