Radiology Specialist - Ultrasound/Vascular
Summary: Performs ultrasonic diagnostic tests for patients as ordered.
1. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations (including, but not limited to, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, vascular procedures, obstetric and gynecology procedures, etc.). Identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served.
2. Positions patients and operates equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data. Performs tests with portable equipment in patient room when necessary. May transfer patients as required.
3. Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc. Assists radiologist as necessary (scans patient, marks patient's body, determines angle for puncture, maintains sterile technique, etc.).
4. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
5. Processes images, posts processes and completes examinations appropriately.
6. Reviews and evaluates completed test for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered; ensures quality images.
7. Instructs, trains and supervises students as appropriate. May lead technical and support staff.
8. Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d07c91d4-7266-4b98-8e8f-66893d8fe611