Radiology Specialist - Ultrasound/Vascular - Full-Time - Afternoon Shift w Rotation
Summary: Performs ultrasonic diagnostic tests for patients as ordered.
1. Performs all ultrasound techniques and examinations (including, but not limited to, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, vascular procedures, obstetric and gynecology procedures, etc.). Identifies predictable problems and plans and provides patient care, based on the age of the patient served.
2. Positions patients and operates equipment to produce the most reliable and informational data. Performs tests with portable equipment in patient room when necessary. May transfer patients as required.
3. Assists physician in such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc. Assists radiologist as necessary (scans patient, marks patient's body, determines angle for puncture, maintains sterile technique, etc.).
4. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
5. Processes images, posts processes and completes examinations appropriately.
6. Reviews and evaluates completed test for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered; ensures quality images.
7. Instructs, trains and supervises students as appropriate. May lead technical and support staff.
8. Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
9. Schedules cases to coordinate with other patient examinations
10. Transports patients as necessary.
Education: Graduation from an accredited program in Diagnostic Medical Songraphy preferred. Alternatively, registered or registry eligible as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
Experience: At least 1 year ultrasound scanning experience preferred. Experience in abdominal, pelvic, small parts, obstetrics & gynecology and vascular Ultrasound preferred.
Skills: Ability to follow written and oral instructions and established procedures. Ability to work independently.
Licenses/Certifications: American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Supervisors (ARDMS) license OR registry eligible. CPR/ BLS for Healthcare Providers required.