Nursing Graduate Program
Oro Valley Hospital’s New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is designed to provide a flexible and supportive environment to help you build the confidence you need to become a nursing professional. We offer a wide range of opportunities to meet the needs of all new nurse graduates — from acute care to highly specialized areas like emergency department and ICU.
Oro Valley Hospital’s New Graduate Nurse Residency program is designed for individuals interested in developing knowledge and skills in various departments of the acute hospital setting.
Our program offers a hybrid of curriculum work and supervised hands-on experience to help build your knowledge base and effective decision-making skills. In addition, you will have a preceptor to answer questions, provide support and help refine your skills. A mentor will also be matched with you to provide the social and emotional support you will need to grow.
As a new nursing professional, you will participate in a comprehensive 12 week program that includes a series of learning opportunities and clinical experience:
- Individualized orientation
- Celebrations for key milestones
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Reflective learning, journaling and selfcare
- Support from mentors
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. stateapproved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered Arizona or Compact registered nurse (RN) license by program start date
- BSN preferred; ADN required
- Must have a current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS card.