Summary: Performs moderate and high complexity tests in the clinical laboratory. Ensures that specimens are appropriate for test methodologies. Documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed. Assists customers with information regarding laboratory testing in a pleasant and professional manner.
1. Ensures that all necessary actions are taken and documented whenever there is significant deviation from the laboratory established policies and procedures.
2. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of results and either corrects the problem or immediately notifies the laboratory supervisor or director.
3. Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
4. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control and quality improvement policies.
5. Documents all quality control activities.
6. Documents instrument/ procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
7. Performs patient testing according to laboratory policy and procedure.
8. Results and reports critical value results according to policy and procedure.
9. Responds appropriately to changes in workload, assisting in other areas of the clinical laboratory as necessary.
10. Ensures that patient testing is completed in a timely manner by following laboratory policy for pending logs.
11. Tests proficiency samples as directed by the supervisory staff ensuring that the samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
12. Assists in inventory control and ordering of supplies by alerting the supervisor or other appropriate individuals of supply needs in a timely fashion.
13. Communicates observations, facts, and comments to the appropriate supervisor or laboratory director.
14. Assists in implementing policies and procedures for department operations.
15. Demonstrates the ability to "troubleshoot" instrumentation issues.
16. Assists in the training of laboratory staff/students as required.
17. Demonstrates competency with all necessary LIS modules/ functions.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH), a 146-bed hospital where staff is committed to patient safety and strive to provide high quality patient care. The dedicated team of professionals provide a full-range of healthcare services including a Level IV Trauma ER, a 17 bed senior behavioral health unit, and an 18 bed inpatient rehab facility. Technology also plays a key role at OVH as evidenced by its robotic partial knee resurfacing program, robotic surgical program and its TRU-D “robot” that enhances the infection control process. Additional services include outpatient imaging and laboratory, sleep centers, physical therapy, and a cardiac cath lab. Affiliated with OVH is Northwest Allied Physicians, a physician practice offering primary care and a wide range of specialists including Desert Cardiology. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.