Medical Assistant - Physician Office - Family Practice
This Medical Assistant - Physician Practice position is full-time - days - family practice - working at Lambert and La Canada
1. Maintains established policies, procedures and service standards including those that govern confidentiality, objective, quality assurance program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Greets and assigns patients to appropriate rooms. Instructs patients on necessary paperwork and procedures. Plans, organizes and supports the care of patients, families and visitors in outpatient setting.
3. Assists provider with medical office procedures, such as wound dressing, suture removal, injections, UA dips, EKG, holter monitors, and other applicable office procedure depending on specialty.
4. Assist with processing prescription refills via ERX, Fax or phone. Appropriately fills requested for medication samples per practice samples inventory policy.
5. Possess computer skills and applications, as required for each individual practice and specialty. Documents patient care in practice EHR including correspondence and required reports, maintains logs and records as assigned.
6. May be required to perform triage duties, as defined by practice, this may include reporting test result to the patient and/or phone triage, under the direction of a certified care giver i.e. RN, F-NP, PA or Physician.
7. May be required to pre-register patients, schedule appointments, coordinate referrals, and verifies insurance eligibility, photocopy information, scan/file information, and answer the telephone, take messages, and directs calls.
Education: High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience and graduation from a certified/accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
Experience: Six (6) months experience in a medical practice setting preferred, or completion of externship program at NMC (or its Affiliates) site(s).
Skills: Answering telephones; Maintaining filing systems, office manuals, logs and records; Scheduling appointments, coordinating referrals; Medical office procedures: wounds dressing, suture removals, charting, injections, obtaining pre-authorization and EKG. Oral/written communication.
Licenses/Certifications: Required: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification. Preferred: Current CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) Arizona State Certification.