Laboratory Assistant - Phlebotomist - PRN - Oro Valley Hospital
This is an exciting opportunity at Oro Valley Hospital for an experienced Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant - PRN. You'll be part of the laboratory staff in a fast paced hospital environment with a focus on quality patient care and teamwork. Put your experience to good use while drawing blood, processing samples and managing draw lists. We want you to be part of our laboratory team!
Summary: Collects and labels all specimens requiring testing in the clinical laboratory. Performs order entry of tests as necessary. Ensures that specimens are routed to appropriate areas for testing. Assists technologist in performance of laboratory work. Assists customers with information regarding laboratory testing in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Consistently identifies patient using the two patient identifiers.
- Draws blood from the patient according to laboratory policy and procedure, demonstrating good phlebotomy skills. Labels all specimens at the patient bedside.
- Uses appropriate equipment and tube types for all tests ordered.
- When receiving specimens, inspects the specimens, rejecting those that inappropriately collected or labeled.
- Consistently ensures that all specimens received into the clinical laboratory are dispensed to the appropriate testing area in a timely fashion.
- Consistently monitors stat boards to ensure appropriate specimen collection and turn around times.
- Consistent demonstration of daily pending list management, including printing, reconciliation of specimens not received in all areas, and hand off to incoming staff.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: PHLEB24131