Intensive Outpatient Program Manager MSW - Behavioral Health
Full Time position scheduled Days and some Evening hours.
The clinic office is located on Oro Valley Hospital campus in the Medical Offices Building
The Outpatient Program Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the Intensive outpatient program, both clinically and operationally. As part of the behavioral health leadership team, the Outpatient Manager will, as appropriate and available, participate in departmental and hospital committees, trainings, public events, and staff recruiting and program development.
- Maintain consistency in clinical programing, ensures groups are run on time, and patients are accounted for. Ensure patients are attending therapy per individual physician orders.
- Establish and maintain a sense of community among patient and staff responding to patient comments and concerns, by appropriately addressing any issues reported in patient comments, grievances and satisfaction surveys.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the Outpatient Intake and Assessment process to ensure referrals meet medical necessity and clinical appropriateness for the outpatient level of care. Develop and maintain daily intake and assessment scheduled to ensure coverage is consistent and predictable.
- Provide oversight on use of the pre and post suicide / self-harm assessment, and ensure that all patients are assessed for self-harm on a daily basis while in program attendance.
- Oversee and train on how to respond to and manage patient crisis during program hours.
- Ensure that staff practices policy and procedures regarding patient behavior and appropriate documentation using the electronic record system.
- Work with attending physicians to ensure their compliance to state and federal regulations in both seeing the patient and documentation thereof. Meet with physicians quarterly to assess / discuss any needs or concerns that may affect their ability to perform patient care issues.
- Train and audit clinical documentation for quality content, completeness, signatures with credentials, dates and times. Maintain audit documentation for purposes of quality improvement and training ensuring that clinical documentation meets / exceeds regulatory compliance and joint commission standards.
- Ensures budget and FTE management, utilization review oversight and medical benefit and oversight billing.
- Develops, implements and is actively involved in the referral / business development plan for the IOP services and for the behavioral health department as needed. Develop and maintain up-to-date referral log, contacting referral sources via phone, email, or in-person visits. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers using key words and performing AIDET.
Position Qualifications/Minimum RequirementsEducation:
Masters degree in Social Work (MSW), counseling, or marriage & family therapy required.
Five (5) years working in the behavioral health field, with one year of acute psychiatric and/or intensive outpatient program management or supervision
Required: Licensed in LCSW, LMFT or LPC.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f83cb0cf-398e-4e08-aaad-f9c1874c439d