Part Time (20 hours week) Day shifts including both Saturdays and Sundays, and some week days
Employee will be trained on a variety of kitchen positions primarily in the cafeteria preparing foods and running the cash register.
Employee will work Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00am to 2:30 pm primarily while providing some additional coverage during the week.
Performs a variety of duties related to the preparation and serving of food: Sanitation of kitchen, cleaning of cooking utensils and dishes. Disposes of trash, stocks floors, assists with patient tray line and delivery of trays to patients as needed.
This position also serves meals on the tray line, the Food Service worker will have to learn menu/diets and be able to communicate well with Catering Associates. Previous diet knowledge helpful, but not necessary.
- Maintains Clean and Sanitary conditions in all food service areas, to include dish washing, pot washing, general sanitation, cleaning kitchen equipment, and surface areas such as counters and floors.
- Transports food carts and other equipment as appropriate to designated areas. Transports Garbage and recyclable materials to assigned areas.
- Operates and cleans dish machine and assigned equipment per department procedures, including routine sanitizer solution and temperature checks.
- Serves meals as assigned using proper diet adherence, portion sizes and sanitation practice. Assist with Food preparation and storage of food.
- Maintains all equipment and temperature logs as required. Reports when equipment is not working properly using department procedures.
- Promptly communicates customer concerns or process concerns, Is knowledgeable of the service recovery plan. Uses service recovery if needed.
- Adheres to Department standards, Pima County Health department regulations, JACHO standards. Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Follows facility and department protocols for Hazardous Material and waste program.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Customer service experience strongly preferred, as is knowledge of foods and nutrition. Previous food service experience and familiarity with medical terms related to nutrition helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: DIETA47310