PRN ( per diem ) , Days and Evenings schedule
Employee will be trained on a variety of kitchen positions from mornings to evenings including weekends
Day shifts start at 6:00am or 7:00am Afternoon shifts start at 11:30am – 8:00pm or 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Performs a variety of duties related to the preparation and serving of food: Sanitation of kitchen, cleaning of cooking utensils and dishes. Disposes of trash, stocks floors, assists with patient tray line and delivery of trays to patients.
This position also serves meals on the tray line, the Food Service worker will have to learn menu/diets and be able to communicate well with Catering Associates. Previous diet knowledge helpful but not necessary.
- Maintains Clean and Sanitary conditions in all food service areas, to include dishwashing, pot washing, general sanitation, cleaning kitchen equipment, and surface areas such as counters and floors.
- Transports food carts and other equipment as appropriate to designated areas. Transports Garbage and recyclable materials to assigned areas.
- Operates and cleans dish machine and assigned equipment per department procedures, including routine sanitizer solution and temperature checks.
- Serves meals as assigned using proper diet adherence, portion sizes and sanitation practice. Assist with Food preparation and storage of food.
- Maintains all equipment and temperature logs as required. Reports when equipment is not working properly using department procedures.
- Promptly communicates customer concerns or process concerns, Is knowledgeable of the service recovery plan. Uses service recovery if needed.
- Adheres to Department standards, Pima County Health department regulations, JACHO standards. Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Follows facility and department protocols for Hazardous Material and waste program.
- Participates in department meetings and staff development programs.
- Demonstrates efficiency in computer software, electronic department communication.
- Performs other job duties relevant to the position as assigned.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 146-bed hospital that also has one urgent care facility, a freestanding emergency center and large physician group. With these varied access points, you have your choice of settings in which to work. Oro Valley Hospital’s culture centers around providing safe, quality care to patients, but also to fostering a work environment based on teamwork, commitment to a shared goal and recognizing employees for all they do to care for our patients. Often described as a “family,” the staff at OVH take pride in doing the best they can to care for their community. OVH is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2478033882